Raising Achievement At Bonneville
At Bonneville, we pride ourselves, and take very seriously our responsibility as a school, to not only raise achievement but at the same time tackle educational inequality within our community.
As a school, we recognise that this can take place in many ways from how representative our school leaders and staff body are, to what work is happening in schools to tackle racism as well as other educational inequalities.
Bonneville is a proud member of the LSP (Lambeth Schools Partnership).
CLICK HERE to find out more about the LSP.
As part of our work and partnership with the LSP, Bonneville has proudly committed to the ‘Raising the Game’ initiative. Raising The Game is focused on tackling the 7-10% academic attainment gap and disproportionately high exclusion rates that Black Caribbean pupils in Lambeth face.
Along with other Lambeth schools, we pledge to:
- To have a Racial Justice Champion in school for Black Caribbean on Senior Leadership Team or who feeds into SLT
- To regularly report to governing body about RTG
- School to complete and regularly review the LSP anti-racist framework and share the results with governors and/or incorporate it into SDP
- SLT to set stretching attainment targets, lead ‘difficult conversations’ and commit to a whole school focus
- To secure accountability of Black Caribbean achievement through curriculum review and data monitoring
- Champions or other staff released to attend and disseminate specific CPD
- Supporting transition arrangements for vulnerable Black Caribbean young people
- Engage and involve Black Caribbean pupils’ and parents’ views at school and provide support
- Promoting the work of RTG on website and around the school
RAISING THE GAME
% of Black Caribbean Pupils at Bonneville:
47 pupils = 13% of Bonneville
Bonneville’s Racial Justice Champion is:
CLICK HERE to find out more about Raising the Game
We have plenty of activities coming up over the coming year, including, but not limited to:
- Staff Training/CPD
- Parental Involvement/Engagement Activities
- Pupil Involvement/Engagement Activities
Watch this space…we look forward to sharing all of the work that Bonneville will be doing in relation to the Raising the Game initiative, over the coming year.